Thursday, June 23, 2011

thankful thursday #32, the beach week edition

What is there not to be thankful for, when one is on vacation for a solid week?  Good grief, the list is endless (but don't despair, I will limit today's list to only five).

So thankful today for ...
  1. The new-to-me iPhone 4, that has enough memory for sermon podcasts to listen to on the beach.
  2.  
  3. Sinex, the miracle nasal spray.  I came down with the sniffles early this week, but a vacationing Robyn will not be defeated.
  4.  
  5. Lori, the one and only friend who rose to the challenge and recommended some beach reads.  I can always count on her for literature and music suggestions.
  6.  
  7. Brothers on the mend.  I'm not sure if we're just all getting old, or if the brotherly wrestling match went a little bit too far, but both brothers have muscle strains and muscle relaxers as trip souvenirs.
  8.  
  9. A lifted guilty conscience.  After I publicly confessed to being the family slacker in our jigsaw puzzle efforts, I did some major soul-searching, and really dug deep to complete the sky portion of Puzzle #2.  I thought I was doing Mom a favor, only to find out "it's one of her favorite parts."  Love hurts sometimes.
I could go on, but instead, you share what you're appreciating today.  Even if you're not on vacation, there must be something.  Go on, be grateful!

1 comment:

  1. Oh roughhousing. Gotta love it.

    What did you end up reading?!

    ReplyDelete