Thursday, December 9, 2010

thankful thursday #4

I love Mom and Dad for so many reasons.  Too many to count.

Today, I'm especially loving them -- and thankful-- for their dental genes.  Seriously.

I had my regular teeth cleaning today, and -- Mom and Dad, be proud -- no cavities.

When I was growing up, I don't ever remember dreading the semi-annual dental check-ups.  I seemed to never have cavities, and when all my friends were getting braces, I wasn't.  And then, when all my friends were having their wisdom teeth taken out, I wasn't doing that either.

At the time, I thought that was all very normal, but I know now that in fact, not everyone gets praises from their dentists like,

Have you been flossing?  Your gums look really good.

Did you do a whitening touch-up recently?  Your teeth are especially bright this morning!

That dark spot on the x-ray?  No, no, that's not decay.  That's just a shadow!

I know you love our chap-sticks; help yourself to the bowl of them we have right over there.

You're in great shape.  Some people have those teeth that you just can't make any better.

Now, you show me a words-of-affirmation person out there who doesn't get a little bit excited about those compliments.

What else can I do, but be grateful?  So, thanks, Mom and Dad.  You (and your teeth) rock.

Your turn.  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment