Tuesday, December 7, 2010

bublé-icious

Two words about this past week: Whirl. Wind.

The miles I've traveled over the past seven days sure have been worth it, though!

On Sunday after our Big 12 event was complete in Dallas, I flew to Nashville to spend a little time with one of my favorite people:



Let me tell you how much I love this girl.  Deana was my first friend in Starkville.  New kids on the block, no matter how old they are, want to be included, and from the first time she introduced herself to me, she touched me deeply with her warm, welcoming spirit.  I love her kindness and inclusion of others, even today.

She only lives ninety miles from me now, and I don't see her nearly enough.

Now let me tell you how much she loves me.  Deana doesn't even live in Nashville, and the girl drove there to greet me off the plane and whisk us around while we played in Music City.  She's a keeper, I tell you.

And I'll tell you what else, twenty-four hours in Nashville was good for the soul.

We drained that iPhone battery while we navigated our way through downtown; the parking attendant saved us $15 and directed us to free parking "because we smelled real nice" (creepy); I walked slowly with her up Broadway while she limped around on her awesomely high heels; and we laughed together like old times.

But we planned this trip for one main reason:



The Michael Bublé concert.


Now, I enjoy MB's music.  But Deana is over-the-top for him.  The concert was enjoyable for a lot of reasons, but she made the experience ten times better, and there isn't anyone I'd rather have gone with.

And more importantly, there isn't anyone who'd have smelled any better to charm that parking attendant.

No comments:

Post a Comment