Wednesday, December 8, 2010

reconnecting

Does anyone else have people they just adore, and then life takes you in different directions, and you fall off the we'll-keep-in-touch bandwagon?

I sure do.

Sometimes I feel guilty about that, and a lot of times I feel sad.  Other times I know it's just the ebb and flow of life -- there are seasons where certain people are in your life, and other times they're not.  Seasons of closeness, and seasons of distance.

I haven't reconciled all of those feelings, but here's one thing I'm sure of: reconnecting is the best!

After our bublé-icious night, Deana and I reconnected with Sarah, another friend from Starkville ...


... at this darling little cafe in downtown Franklin, Tennessee:


Sarah is one of the most genuine gals I know.  She's an old soul, listens well, and I love having conversations with her beyond what's happening on the surface.  And she's pretty hilarious, too.

I felt rich that night when I flew back into Birmingham.  So overwhelmed with gratitude for the people in my life, even (especially) the ones who I don't see often, or who I'm terrible at keeping in touch with, but who still hang out with me on a whim, on a tiny little Main Street, over fried green beans.


Let this be a little nudge.  Shoot a quick text, or email, or call a person you're missing.

Reconnect!

No comments:

Post a Comment