Thursday, November 27, 2014

thankful thursday #208

Does a Thankful Thursday post seem trifling on the day when the entire country is spewing gratitude?

Kinda, maybe. I dunno.

It seems like I should keep it low-key today. Own the trifling-ness of it all.

Yesterday on my drive home to Athens, I stopped to get gas at a Love's. (Do you know these? Their restrooms are, for the most part, reliably clean.)

Anyway. I was due for a protein shake at that time (more on that later, maybe), and I had this great thought, that if there was an electrical outlet in the restroom, I could even blend that shake right into delicious submission with my coveted travel blender.

There were two outlets!

Neither of which worked. I was not grateful.

I had resigned myself to physically shaking my shake, which is not nearly as tasty, when I spied another outlet right outside the restroom.

There was about a three-second decision point, where I ultimately decided to stoop to a new low, squat down, and blend that shake right there for the world to see.

When the blender ran, I was grateful. Momentarily embarrassed, but grateful.

I'll never see those people again.

Happy Thanksgiving, friends. Hoping that gratitude for the things that really matter are never far from your thoughts today.

Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment