Friday, October 3, 2014

right about now (the one to kick off my favorite season)

This weekend's maybe the first that'll really feel like fall. I thought it a good time to report in on the nonsense going on in my world, right about now.

loving: these new living room chairs. I searched high and low for these two (as I did for this guy), and I'm so pleased. They are cozy, inviting, and perhaps best of all, they swivel.


They give guests the option to be a part of the living space, or the dining space, whichever they prefer. And I've been known to spin them to face each other and create a little chaise for myself. I appreciate their versatility.

reading: The book of Esther. I've never read it with much intentionality, so this slow read has been a good chance to linger in the emotions and drama of that story. Because I don't love emotions and drama in my own life.

excited about: Seeing this guy for the weekend!


missing: This view from last weekend.


Majestic, isn't it?

trying to: get a jump on Christmas shopping. The convenience of online shopping is never more glorious than while Christmas shopping. In October.


enjoying: this little single-serve blender, for smoothies and shakes.


All the goodness blends up right into a to-go cup with a lid, and you've got only one thing to wash. Brilliant. A solid $15 purchase on sale from Target.

wearing: the same gold earrings every day. I need an intervention. By a stylist.

planning: meals like a crazy person. I've made some significant tweaks to my eating habits the past few weeks, and wowsers, is it challenging.

singing: Christmas tunes already, in preparation for an Advent concert. It's weird. Every year, it's weird. 

needing: a fall craft. And when I say "craft," I mean maybe a pumpkin arrangement for my porch. That's about what I feel capable of these days.


learning: how to embrace some subtle changes.

listening: all the time to the Sam Cooke Pandora station. Oh my goodness, they are such great oldies, and the perfect backdrop to a dinner in with friends.

wishing: that fall weather would show up, stat. I'm dying to wear this vest from Target.



Target. So much to be enjoyed there.

praying for: discernment to more readily see the Lord's fingerprints in my every day.


How about you? Anything exciting going on right about now, in this first week of the very fine month of October?

2 comments:

  1. Um, I want your chairs. I loved them as soon as I saw the picture. They definitely look cozy and inviting. But they swivel?! Give me a break, I'm sold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You there, this is really good post here. Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information. Quality content is what always gets the visitors coming. best mini blender for smoothies

    ReplyDelete