Wednesday, November 12, 2014

fall love

It's such an odd season around here: the (finally-changing) golden and red leaves show me it's fall, but the blustery gray sky make me feel winter.

No matter. It's still my favorite season. Here's what's got me in love these days:

these ankle boots


Maybe I'm most excited that these are trending right now, and perhaps even edging out riding boots, which never fit my calves.

But for whatever the reason, these are so comfortable. I love them with leggings, skinny jeans, or boot cuts. Details on these gems here.

fun patterned socks

On the topic of footwear, I don't know why, but these socks are making me happy lately.



Just a little ray of sunshine that peeks through those gray clouds. Got a bunch of these in lots of colors on sale at Target recently.

my swivels

Oh, my chairs.


They have given me some of the sweetest moments with friends, early mornings with hot tea and a book, and cozy nights under a blanket. Probably the best money I've spent in 2014.

this sweatshirt wrap

Speaking of cozy, how cozy is this guy?

You can play around with his collar to get a couple of different looks. I love him with jeans and those booties up there. (Again, Target. Where goodness is found.)

jill phillips' new album

Mortar and Stone.


I got in on an early release of this one about a month ago and can't stop listening to it (while sitting in my chairs up there). These days, "Bear With You" is deeply moving to me, and "Good Shepherd" is another favorite.

the farewell season of parenthood

This is the best show on TV right now (at least of the four shows I watch.) I am sad to bid it farewell after this, its final season, but man oh man, they are pulling out the stops. The acting and writing is epic right now.

If you haven't watched it from Season One, run to Netflix now and get to binging.

company of the roomie

It's been so nice lately to have a good roommate. It reminds me of the days I spent with Lori when I first moved here. I've gotten quite used to having a sympathetic, listening ear at the end of a day. (And in full disclosure, access to her amazing inventory of accessories.)

Does fall make you love as many things as I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment