Thursday, July 3, 2014

thankful thursday #187

On vacation this week, we've had a surprise visit from a special guest. His name is Arthur, and he wasn't invited.

He rocked our rental house a bit, to the point we felt its subtle sway. Porch furniture was picked up by his winds. Screens were torn off windows, and shingles peeled away from the roof. The rain was torrential.

It did not, however, compare to the fear I felt awaiting the wrath of this storm, some three years ago.

For that and more, we've had much to be thankful for this week:

We did not lose power.

We were still on the beach the morning of the storm.

We played in monster waves.

When that one monster wave took me off at the knees, I didn't break a finger or lose my sunglasses.

I heard Little Man say things like, "Oh! That is so cool!" and "That is wonderful!"

Our family was all together.

The heat was down ten degrees from the average we usually have in Florida.

We dominated endless rounds of Heads Up. (If you don't have that app, get it fast.)

I did not get sunburned.

My aunt joined us for a few days.

I played tennis for the first time in forever.

Wimbledon was on all week.

Arthur did not win.

Appreciating today a great week of relaxation in my world. How about yours? Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment