Thursday, June 26, 2014

thankful thursday #186

Gyah, my car has needed major TLC this week.

In preparation for our family beach week, I was happy to tackle the scheduled oil change.

The cruise control had been persnickety, so it seemed a good time to have that fixed.

The headlight blew on cue (never mind that it was for the third time in a year, for the love), so sure, might as well get that replaced too.

Flat tire on Sunday morning? Yes. Why not?

I'll tell you what's what: Triple A (AAA? Is that their preferred spelling?) is the greatest gift my dad ever got me. Since I was sixteen. Every year that awesome dad of mine mails me my new membership card.

I may not have ever changed my own tire, but I sure do love that AAA membership.

Within a short forty minutes, I had placed my call to AAA, the service gentleman came, conquered, and had me on my way.

Man, I was thankful for that.

And then somewhere amidst the slew of other servicing opportunities, I got the news that I needed four (four!) new tires. Have mercy.

Got those, and then got them aligned today. Because you know, it's about time to drain the car maintenance fund.

Car insurance due this month too? Yes. Outstanding.

Thankful today for a new set of wheels (well-aligned, mind ya), a fresh batch of oil, an operating cruise control, a shiny headlight, and car insurance for protection. 

And for AAA. For real, Triple A.


Do you have a well-running automobile these days? Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment