Thursday, July 31, 2014

thankful thursday #191

I repaired paid for an air conditioner compressor in my car this week. That was a shock to the (bank account) system, people.

It happened, of course, the day after I bought myself a couple of pieces of furniture, for which I'd been saving.

Darn you, Murphy's Law.

And seriously, who can imagine being in Alabama, mid-summer, without an air conditioner in her car? Not this girl.

Anyway. I'm not thankful for that.

Of the furniture I purchased, I had to engage in the "some assembly required" for two of these guys:


The first one went okay with the roommate's help. The second one gave me high blood pressure, because furniture assembly instructions are laughable. 

I'm grateful no one can see those extra screw holes I drilled. Oops.

Just prior to the AC outage and the furniture assembly struggle, I was zip lining for my birthday (you can see photo highlights here). There was an unexpected "obstacle challenge" (read: terror on a tightrope): a rope bridge that I nearly died on.


This is how I sketched it for a friend, while describing my horror.


I'm grateful to have survived that unwelcome birthday surprise.

And, as the birthday celebration continued even through today, I opened up this gem from a friend who knows and loves me well:


I will wear this one out.

I'm grateful for a good chuckle at the end of a week where appreciation was hard to find.

Have you exercised some thankfulness this week yet? Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment