Sunday, July 27, 2014

birthday round-up

The beauty of Birthday #36 is that it went on forever. I have so many wonderful people in my life who celebrate with me; it just never happens in one place at one time.

After this start to my day, the foodie in me got the best present ever when I ate here in Atlanta.


We had the most eccentric variety of dishes to share family style, the craziest of which was cow cheek (what?).

Aside from the culinary experience, the company was even better.


I get to work with some of my greatest friends, but they don't normally get to be a part of my birthday dinner. How fortunate am I?

After this fun dinner and a legitimate work meeting the next morning, I skipped off to my annual weekend in Highlands, North Carolina, with one of my childhood friends. We ventured into Franklin, North Carolina, for the day and we stumbled on this.


Couldn't resist that photo op. Never mind that it's a children's clothing store.

Once I settled back down in Birmingham, I have local friends who love me so well and treated me to a very fun dinner here.


The whole menu is made up of creative takes on grilled cheese. What is not to love about that? Our appetizers were pimento cheese dip and queso, for goodness sake.


Our table had a killer burger, a chicken salad melt, a four-cheese classic melt, a ham/grilled pineapple/jack cheese combo, and a turkey melt.

Happy Birthday to me.

Today capped off my birthday fun with a trip down some zip lines (and across one terrifying rope bridge, which I'm still trying to forget).

Thanks to Evan (aka, Evs, Grizz, and Mountain Man) ...


... I zipped in safety ...


... and had dear friends with me to swing through the trees.


It's been noted that my helmet is tilted in every photo. So hip.

If my birthday celebration is any indication of the coming year, I think it's gonna be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment