Sunday, April 6, 2014

the cheddar biscuit

About a mile from my house, there is a bakery that serves this breakfast sandwich that makes me swoon.

I do not swoon over the sausage or egg; I swoon over the cheddar biscuit on which all that yummy goodness is served.

Many months ago when I stumbled on this treasure, it sent me on a wild goose chase for a recipe that would come close (if not duplicate) that biscuit's perfect texture. It's buttery and chewy and doesn't fall apart.

It's perfection, really.

It's so perfect that one day, if I ever own a restaurant (not planning to, but you never know), it would be called The Cheddar Biscuit. Love that ring.

So this recipe. I can't say it's quite perfection; I'm still on the hunt. But it's share-worthy.

Sour Cream Cheddar Biscuits
Makes about 2 dozen

2 sticks of butter, melted
8 oz. sour cream
2 c. self rising flour
2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add shredded cheese to melted butter, stir until well combined, and allow to cool slightly. Add sour cream, and mix well. Add flour until incorporated. Spoon dough into a greased mini-muffin tin. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown.

I think these little guys would be shining stars on an Easter brunch menu. Do you have one planned yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment