Thursday, April 3, 2014

thankful thursday #176

You know when you're feeling in a rut? Like there's no real news or fun happening in your world?

And you know this little diddy to be true ...


... but in the end, you're still feeling blah ... and need a pick-me-up.

This week I went to a Dave Barnes concert at Iron City, a fun venue here in town that I've never been to. Dave is charming, a hilarious storyteller, and sings a good tune. The venue is intimate, smoke-free (from nicotine, that is -- it did love its smoke machine for visual impact), and has a tasty, inexpensive grill inside.

I appreciated the chance to break up the routine.

To break up with my couch for the evening (seriously).

To venture out and hear, see, feel and taste something new.

Did you -- or do you -- have something to get you out of your rut this week? Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment