Thursday, April 24, 2014

thankful thursday #179

I'm flying across the big pond tomorrow. This week did everything in its power to make our trip difficult. Airline problems. Banking issues. Airline problems again. On and on.

But tonight, my travel buddies gathered, we laughed and shared in excitement, and compared packing lists. And whether or not we arrive on time, or exactly according to schedule, memories will be made with some very dear friends.

We'll come home in two weeks with pictures to show and stories to tell. We'll have gained ten pounds apiece, and have enjoyed what will surely be some of the most delightful meals ever to adorn a table. We'll have seen sights that no camera lens is capable of truly capturing.

For these things that will surely come -- eventually come, after this frustrating week of travel preparation -- I'm grateful.

Would you care to follow along? If I'm able, I intend to post my favorite pic of each day under this heading:


Maybe it will work. I hope so. In the meantime, go on, be grateful!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your pics!! Safe travels my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! Hope you are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete