Thursday, March 27, 2014

thankful thursday #175

I'm gonna call it, folks. This week. It's time for it to end.

It's been a challenging season at work of late, for a litany of reasons that wouldn't make a bit of sense to you unless you worked in the office next to me for the past lots-of months. No need to chase that rabbit.

But this week in particular, I felt ill-equipped, inadequate, and flailing. Like I never had answers, or direction, or skills, and that every step I took was the wrong one.

Do you know this feeling? The devil loves it. He loves it when we're feeling trapped in the dead of winter.

But, spring is peeking through, literally and figuratively. And when spring comes, so does renewal, and life. There are some seeds that want to sprout, if you nurture them, and grow them.

So this week, while I felt beaten down by the proverbial winter, I stepped a little into spring, into something new, and started an online beginner's class, to learn Adobe Illustrator.

I'm not dreaming of a second career in graphic design. But to have even my tip toes in the sea of creativity is refreshing, and invigorating.

It makes me thankful for spring, and for the promise of new things to come.

Has spring creeped into your world yet? Have you felt that spring itch, where you're ready for a seed to sprout?

Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment