Thursday, April 4, 2013

thankful thursday #124

"O Happy Day."

Do you know this song? It's rejoicing over the truth that when we ask for it, Jesus offers forgiveness and washes us clean of our sins.

Deeply important spiritual doctrine.

Do you know why I sang it today?

Let me tell you.

(Not for spiritual reasons.)

I've been told that because of my address change last year, online renewals for my car tag would not be an option. Instead, I'd have to endure hours in line for the DMV at the courthouse. (And not the one where I had the most miraculous DMV experience of my life last year.)

Needless to say, when my renewal notice unexpectedly arrived today, which is my ticket into the Promised Land right out of the DMV line, I nearly dropped to my knees in gratitude.

I thought that was extreme, though, so I just sang "O Happy Day" instead.

I was, and am, that thankful.

What has you believing it's a happy day today? Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment