Tuesday, April 30, 2013

just write (confessions)

{This inspired me to just write today. And I'm self-imposing a 5-minute limit. Here goes.}

My friend emailed me yesterday, asking me if I'd heard of the book 7:An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess, by Jen Hatmaker.

My response to her went something like this:

Oh, LORD. This is about the 47th time this title has repeated to me in the past couple of months. I haven't read it yet, but I know the premise.

I'm pretty sure I'm in a state of avoidance. It's like I know I'm supposed to read it, but I'm too scared of what I'll learn about myself.

(This is the honest, but straight-up, sin-sick Robyn.)

I just finished a book last night, and I need a new one to start. I suppose I should consider this one. Waaaa. (This is me whining about it.)

So that was yesterday, and frankly, I'm not out of the denial phase. I doubt I come out of it anytime soon, either.

Owning the confessions today, people. Owning 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment