Thursday, April 18, 2013

thankful thursday #126

While I was on my mini-vacation last week, I spent two nights at the folks', because it was sort of an in-between lodging option that didn't cost me anything.

And because I love Mom and Dad, of course.

On this particular vacation, I wore very little jewelry, but for some reason had packed all of it, like I do for every single trip I ever take. It's just a habit.

So my travel jewelry case sat on my dresser for two days, and got very little attention while I was there.

It's no surprise then, that I packed up everything except that darn jewelry case when I left town.

Fortunately I have a super-mom, who mailed it to me the next day. I didn't particularly care how quickly it arrived, but admittedly I was nervous, since the only two pieces of jewelry that mean a hill of beans to me were in that case.

I imagined myself looking like this, hopeful it would arrive safely ...


... and I'm pleased -- and thankful! -- to report that it did arrive, and with no missing pieces.

Did anything special arrive in your mailbox this week that made you thankful? (Let me guess: it wasn't a bill.) Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment