Thursday, January 3, 2013

thankful thursday #111

Last night the SEC was shamed at the Allstate Sugar Bowl in New Orleans.

I watched it and reminisced about the year I worked there: Florida played that year too, against Miami. Another pretty sorry match-up back then, as fan travel goes, but I can't lie, as a Georgia fan, it did not hurt my feelings to see the Head Ball Coach go down in flames from that sideline.

I've mentioned before, of my previous experience there, and now the baby brother's current experience. Someone in their office surprised me not long ago with this little gem.


This was my best buddy and me after the 2001 Sugar Bowl, collecting banners and signage after the game.

(Were we the only ones in the entire stadium? Have you ever seen a credential so huge? Don't the radio and cell phones make me look so much more important than the lowly intern that I was? Oh, memories.)

I remember a lot of manual labor and late nights like that, even in dress clothes.

On the other hand, my brother carted off Muhammed Ali following the coin toss last night.


I feel slighted.

Strangely, the Sugar Bowl has been an important place to both of us, and so after watching last night's game, I can't help but feel thankful for that. It's quite the little connection he and I share.

How about you? What're you finding to appreciate, even amidst something as ordinary as a football game?

Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment