Thursday, July 12, 2012

thankful thursday #86

Exactly one year ago, I was preparing for my first overseas mission trip.

I was running last-minute errands, praying my bag would weigh in under fifty pounds, and wishing I'd invested in Rosetta Stone (not really, but kind of).

I'm looking at quite the opposite this weekend: no errands, no packing, and no anxiety.

Friends that I made on that trip, however, are heading back there tomorrow, and they have been preparing and praying for this trip for quite some time.  Again. 

I'm so proud of them, and although I'm not going this year, I'm thankful they are willing and ready to get out there and get their hands dirty again in the name of Jesus.

I hope your weekend is a good one, friends, whether or not you're getting your hands dirty, and that you find much goodness to appreciate.

At the very least, thank someone who's working hard for the Kingdom.  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment