Sunday, July 8, 2012

thankful thursday #85, the late edition

I am back from a spontaneous trip to the lovely Savannah, Georgia, where the Spanish moss covers everything, and our family tree has roots!



Growing up, Savannah was the place we went to see our grandparents -- Dad has the privilege of calling that great city home -- and I loved it back then for the smells, the azaleas, the parks, the uneven sidewalks, and the old house Dad grew up in.

I still love it for all those things, but it's good to go back now, and learn to appreciate the city as an adult, take in some gorgeous architecture, and gain ten pounds eat at some favorite food dives that are yumm-o.

We still stay in the old house, which is a treat, but there's no internet access there, and there's no ESPN, which is tragic during the Wimbledon semis and finals.

Fortunately for me, my smart Mom accompanied me on this trip and thought of a most brilliant solution to the ESPN quandary.  It turns out, Breakfast at Wimbledon was available at the Hampton Inn lobby right up the road!

Don't judge.  We're not proud.

Just thankful that we got to see the women's final!

In other ungrateful news, I go back to work tomorrow after virtually two weeks off.  This is how I feel about that:



Boo.

Let's look for something to appreciate in spite of Monday, shall we?  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment