Friday, July 27, 2012

thankful thursday #88 on delay, compliments of at&t

Today was a big day.

An out-of-town friend I met in Peru last year is here visiting, following his return trip there last week.  We planned a little reunion with some others here in town, and I offered to host them at my place for dinner.

Coincidentally, these were kicking off tonight, too ...



... so we planned to tune in to the Opening Ceremonies.

You can imagine my thrill when last night, settling in to blog about gratitude and grasping for something to be thankful about (it was one of those days), my internet and TV were down.

Thanks, AT&T.

So today, I worked from home for the majority of the day while they spent five hours repairing a "line" that wasn't working.

I should be thankful that my TV was up and running for the big Ceremonies, and that I didn't have to be strapped to my office desk today.  And I am.

(If they slap a service charge on next month's invoice, that gratitude might very well fade right into thin air.  Stay tuned.)

Are you thankful the Olympics are here?  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment