Thursday, May 31, 2012

thankful thursday #80

Most of the time, my work travel is smooth and uneventful.  But when it's not, it's really not.

Although limited in occurrences, I've had my fill of cancelled flights and lost luggage.

But yesterday, I got the "Cancelled" memo again at the terminal, and went immediately into Plan B Activation.  This time, I rebooked a flight out of an airport ninety miles away, rented a car, retrieved my already-checked bag, and caught the flight (ninety miles away) with only a few minutes to spare.

So on this Thankful Thursday, I can't help but feel grateful, despite the rocky start yesterday morning.

I rented a car for very cheap (last-minute manager's special!).

I encountered no traffic en route to the second airport (nor law enforcement officers).

I made the rest of my connections without a snag.

I was only fifteen minutes late to my meeting, after all of that.

Thank you, travel fairies, for getting in the game -- we'll pretend that initial flight cancellation didn't happen, 'k? -- and getting me where I needed to be.  I'm thankful.

What're you appreciating this week?  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment