Thursday, May 3, 2012

thankful thursday #76

One of my favorite birthday gifts -- from my awesome folks -- is my gas grill.  Can anyone tell me of a tastier meal prepared with an easier clean-up?

When I lived in my apartment, grilling was prohibited within ten feet of the building. 

And well, I wasn't going to tote him down stairs and into the parking lot.

So he pouted on my balcony for nearly five years.  (Read: I pouted every time I wanted to use him.)

I was excited to move into my house for many reasons, but the luxury of grilling out again was near the top of the list.  (It's the simple things, people.)

As a dear friend was getting the grill all cleaned up for me (I do have great friends, don't I?), the rack was beyond help.  To call it rusty would be the understatement of the year.  It laughed in the face of 409.

Dad helped me identify a replacement part online, which I ordered promptly and hoped to high heaven that it would fit properly.

The rack arrived yesterday, and it fits like a glove.  I am so proud.

And thankful!  I'm going to get him back into grilling shape this weekend, and I can't wait.

What simple things are you happy about this week?  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment