Thursday, December 8, 2011

thankful thursday #55

On August 21st, I walked out of the hospital room where my one-day-old nephew slept in heavenly peace, all swaddled up nice and tight.

I've been waiting ever since then to squeeze him again!

Here we are, three and a half months later, and very early tomorrow morning, I will flash a smile and this at the TSA officer ...



... and happily hop on a plane.  Here's hoping all flights are on time (ahem, US Airways).

It would be easy to be bitter about our circumstances.  We live so far away from each other, and honestly, flying is hardly a bed of roses.  It's exhausting.  And airports house some of the crankiest, most inconsiderate people in America.

You know what else flies?  Human civility ... right out the window.

But on this Thursday, I couldn't be more thankful for the opportunity to fly!  Although flights can be priced reasonably these days, it is not lost on me that everyone doesn't have the ability, or the income to do so.

Tomorrow, when that person from three rows back thinks he gets to deplane before me, I'll dig deep and remember I'm blessed to have the opportunity that I do, to see my far-away family.

What're you appreciating this week?  Go on, be grateful!

1 comment:

  1. AMEN! Thanks for the reminder as I get ready to log in some major frequent flier miles over the next three weeks.

    ReplyDelete