Wednesday, December 7, 2011

fill in the blank

I'm so excited to be done with traveling, but now that my schedule is quietly opening up, I barely know what to do with myself.

My four-month adrenaline rush is over.  I'm flat.  Crashin' and burnin'.

Not channeling much creativity these days, this fill-in-the-blank list gave me a little nudge to start typing:

1.  I have never been to ... a World Series game, a Superbowl, a College Football National Championship game, or the U.S. Open.  Those are all on my bucket list.  I've also never been to a NASCAR race, and that is not on my bucket list.

2.  When it comes to working out ... I'm super moody and fight the extremes (i.e. the I run three to five miles every day phase, versus the I don't feel like it, so I won't do anything phase).  Exercising is a necessary evil, but I do it because well, loving food comes at a cost.

3.  A woman should always ... have a red lipstick on hand for special occasions, expect chivalry, send hand-written thank you notes, be savvy like a serpent but gentle like a dove, and know she was made beautiful by a master Creator.

4.  I hate to admit it, but sometimes I ... am judgmental.  I can't tell you how many times I think (or say aloud -- I'm not ashamed), Back it up, Robyn.  You don't know her story.  You don't know what he's dealing with.  And you're certainly no better than her.  Oh, that I might one day see people first the way Jesus does.

5.  At the end of the day, the best feeling is ... pulling on my pajama pants, brushing my teeth and climbing into a bed with cold, crisp sheets.

6. I can't get enough ... of this face!



My stars in heaven, when I travel to see this child in two days, I might never come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment