Thursday, December 1, 2011

thankful thursday #54

I've never been to Indianapolis before, but I'm digging it so far.

Clean downtown.  Hotels convenient to shopping and good eats.  Friendly folks.

Everything seems to be shaping up well for a successful event on Saturday, and I'm working up here with some of my favorite people in the world.

But it's chilly up here! 

For the past three years, I've worked events in Kansas City and Dallas during this Championship Weekend.  Outdoors.  Never been so cold in my life than on some of those days.

But glory to God, although I'm the farthest north I've been for this particular work weekend, our event is indoors

And better, our hotel has a skywalk connecting us to just about every place we have to be this week, so going outside is practically optional.

I enjoy fresh air, but spending upwards of ten hours outdoors in the thirty degree weather makes that air go from fresh to frigid, faster than I can reapply my Chapstick.

So happy to be working this indoor event!  And come Sunday, my work travel for this season will be officially over.

I have much to be thankful for this week.  What about you?  Go on, be grateful!

1 comment:

  1. Hunter would be jealous! If you were to ask him where he wanted to go anywhere in the world, Indianapolis is the place. Wonder why?? Lol.

    ReplyDelete