Monday, November 7, 2011

favorite things: the fall edition

Fall is, hands down, my favorite season.  So much to love this time of year!

On Halloween, one of our local radio stations snatched up my beloved fall, wadded it up, and threw it in a garbage can when it started playing Christmas music.

So, so sad.

Autumn needs some loving, and it shouldn't be rushed, so here are my favorite things that're making this fall especially fantastic:

gel nail polish
For at least nine months out of the year, I am a completely non-manicured soul.  And I feel good about that.  But I do love a dark nail color, just for some fall spunk.

Well, let me tell you, that fun spunk is smudged the second I leave the nail salon.  Never fails! 

The solution?  Not gel nails.  Gel polish.  Have you gals done this yet?  Chip-free polish that seriously lasts for two weeks.  And more importantly, it can't be smudged at all.

I confess I was persuaded by one of the nail salon ladies without a full understanding of how it works.  But it's so worth the extra ten bucks!

And better yet, OPI has a select number of their colors in the gel version (including my favorite, from last fall).  Treat yourself sometime, but be ready to have a professional remove that stuff at the end of its run!

the new keurig



Last Christmas, our boss purchased one of these single-cup coffee brewers as a gift for the office.  I'm no coffee drinker, but hot tea?  Hot chocolate?  Yes, please!

As we were plodding through the September heat here in Alabama, I purchased one for myself, as a sort of fall's-a-comin' happy.  And now that fall is here, I enjoy a cup of English breakfast tea, or green tea, a couple of times a week.  It is so fun!

So as to not seem too selfish, though, I'm excited to offer guests a coffee of their choice.  It's all about practicing hospitality.

these ankle boots



You know me and the fatted calves.  These fun Lucky Brand boots (don't even think I paid close to that retail price, by the way) represent what I've come to embrace as my reality: knee-high boots just don't work.  And I'm loving them so!

They're great with jeans or work pants, and they sport this solid wedge that's pretty comfy, too.  They do make me super tall, but I can think of worse outcomes of a fashion choice.

these scents
This one is a little embarrassing, but oh well.

Does anyone else feel that Bath & Body Works screams 1990s?  I feel very uncool saying, "Has anyone tried out this new wallflower scent by Bath & Body Works?!"

But maybe that's just me.  Anyway, this is me being transparent:

My name is Robyn, and this fall, I'm loving two scents from Bath & Body Works: Autumn and Leaves.  They really do make my whole place smell like fall.

Check them out.  They'll make your hot tea taste better.

What's your favorite thing for this fall?  Do share, and celebrate this lovely season!

1 comment: