Wednesday, November 16, 2011

the office

We are moved and slowly settling into our new office digs.  (The boxes accumulating in the supply room give me hives when I pass by, but we can't all be organized so quickly.)

As previously mentioned, we are in our own building now, and no longer renting, which is freeing in many ways.

On the other hand, while Bossman is no Michael Scott, praise God ...



...he is taking this new role as building owner quite seriously.

Rules of the Office, established to date:
  1. "Everyone should use a desk pad, so we don't scratch our desks when we write."
  2.  
  3. "Do not touch the light switches.  I spent a lot of money on these automated motion sensors that will turn on and off automatically."
  4.  
  5. "No hanging pictures on the wall.  We will eventually (read: "don't hold your breath"), but our designer is the decorating guru, and she will approve all wall hangings."
  6.  
  7. "No cooking anything in this microwave that has a stench.  No popcorn, nothing like that."
  8.  
  9. "Keep the breakroom door closed.  I don't want people seeing our mess."

The truth is, it's his building, and he can make whatever rules he wants to.

But seriously, can't I hang at least my diploma?!

Are you subject to crazy office rules?  Let me hear them, and make me feel better.

1 comment:

  1. Keep in mind the following:
    1. I work in a cubicle with a walkway - not a door.
    2. If my desk is made out of wood, it is not from this planet.
    3. I do not have walls that will support artwork or a diploma (unless you have my skillz to rig it up).

    Then there are rules...hmm...I hope rules are made to be broken:
    1. No real plants - only those friendly, artificial kind.
    2. We do not have access to control our lights.
    3. It is faster to get a bill passed in Congress than have the thermostat adjusted.
    4. We cannot keep food at our desks - only in the break room a quarter of a mile away.
    5. All drinks must be in bottles or in cups with lids.

    I think I fell asleep after reading those 5 in the 250 page manual and that was four years ago.

    Feel better?

    ReplyDelete