Thursday, November 10, 2011

thankful thursday #51

A couple of days ago, I bemoaned the beginnings of Christmas music in October.

Today, though, I have to confess my one Advent tradition that happens earlier than it really should: my Christmas cards.

I love to dream up a card that will make a statement.  Deliver a message that means something to me, and maybe to someone else, too.

And think of the cards that flood your mailbox ... so many fun ones!  Family photos, fancy ribbons, and lovely calligraphy.

It's tough to make one stand out, because let's be honest, I can't compete with cute baby pictures.  I just can't!  But I like the challenge!

It's not uncommon for me to begin the brainstorming process in August (I know!).  And at the same time, it's also very normal for the perfect idea to strike me weeks and weeks after that.

But when the cards are printed, and the envelopes are addressed, I just love dropping those bundles of Christmas cheer into the mailbox (and pray I'm not failed by the United States Postal Service).

Yesterday my cards for this year were delivered to my door, for which I'm so thankful (let the addressing commence!), but better yet, no typos.  What a relief, and a reason for gratitude!

Do you have favorite holilday greetings?  I hope you'll be extra-thankful for them this year.  Go on, be grateful!

1 comment:

  1. Your cards are always so creative and unique! I can't wait for this year's edition. :)

    ReplyDelete