Tuesday, September 28, 2010

the fatted calf

Aside from the fact that my body's curves generally do not lend themselves to trendy clothes, there are two major battles I face while shopping for clothes: finding pants that are long enough, and finding tall boots that fit my fatted calves.

This is not a woe is me blog entry. Really. This is a shameless plea, for the love of all that is right and good in this world, that these boots I ordered today will fit.

Aren't they beauts? I have a feeling they'll not work out, but a girl can hope.

And on a side note, while I was chatting with the most fabulous customer service rep from L.L. Bean about these fine boots, she asked me first if it snowed or ever got really cold here, to which of course I could confidently tell her that compared to Freeport, Maine, no, no we don't get snow or really, really cold weather. And her response: "Do people wear boots in Alabama?"

I had a solid answer on this one, too. "Yes, yes we do. In fact, girls here wear boots with sundresses. When it's 90 degrees. To a football game. It makes no difference what the weather is like. Southern girls love their boots."

And sweet Deborah, the customer service rep, says, "I guess they probably wear cowboy boots."

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment