Thursday, November 17, 2011

thankful thursday #52



... for one year of Thankful Thursdays!

I'm giggling at the "thirty days of thankful status updates" (or whatever it's called) on my Facebook newsfeed, spanning the days leading up to Thanksgiving.

Those are good.

I have two friends who've adopted a similar weekly habit of practicing appreciation.

It's been fun to see it catch on, even if just a little!

I admit it's not always easy to be thankful in the days when nothing new or fun seems to be happening ... when "mundane" and "routine" are the words of the week ... when we're feeling especially ordinary.

But keep on being thankful, y'all.  When you go searching, digging, working hard to sow those little seeds of gratitude, over time they'll take root and grow up to bear beautiful fruits of graciousness and goodness.

And I should know!  I'm so thankful today for one year ... fifty-two weeks! ... of watching gratitude take root.

When you look back over the past year, what's got you feeling humble and happy?  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment