Friday, October 14, 2011

operation pantry overhaul

I woke up this morning with this crazy urge to organize my pantry.

Random, yes?

I went nuts.

It started here ...



Not terrible, but not great.

I remember when I was very young, and my grandmother Frosty decided she and I were going to organize my closet.  The first thing we did was empty the space, down to the very last hanger.

I remember thinking, "Is that really necessary?  Seems excessive."

Of course now, I know there is no other way!  To skip this step ...



... would be taking an organizing short cut, and that's no good.

I threw out an embarrassing amount of food, and inventoried and categorized the items that were keepers.

I left everying strewn across kitchen counters and was entirely too excited to head to Bed, Bath and Beyond (am I the only one who feels led to add a comma in that store's name?) to explore its selection of containers, baskets, trays, and shelves.

For a second there, I considered a career change to professional organizing, but then I remembered that my pantry and closet hardly compare to the average American hoarder.

So I scooted through the aisles, picked up a slew of organizing happies (these being the most exciting), and returned to the mission.

And when all was said and done ...



... I was pleased, and my pantry thanked me.

It's a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, this is my favorite post yet. I cannot tell you how excited your "after" picture makes me. It's like peace and harmony all around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please come help me do my closets! I need guidance!lol

    ReplyDelete