Thursday, October 6, 2011

thankful thursday #46

On Tuesday, Lori and I had the rare chance to enjoy a spontaneous lunch together at Urban Standard, a young, hip restaurant here in town.

They have a pretty fabulous menu, so the entrees alone were delightful.

Perhaps more noteworthy, though, was the dessert counter.  Although it was my first time there, I could tell right away that those desserts were no joke.

I rarely buy desserts, now.  I'd rather have an ooey-gooey cheesy bite of anything over a sweet any day of the week.

But these?



Yes ma'am, that is cookie dough atop a fudgy bite of brownie goodness.

Whoah, Nelly.

I nursed mine for two days.  I was sad to polish it off yesterday.

At some point, I want to try to make them.  Lori (another reason she's a dear one) immediately located this recipe that I think will be the go-to when the time is right.

I can't yet, because it's just too soon.  I haven't had time to totally emerge from the sugar-induced coma.

But in the meantime, I'm thankful for foodie friends like Lori; venturing into fun restaurants for the first time; and for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies.

That made for one mighty satisfying day.

What's satisfying you and keeping you thankful this week?  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment