Friday, November 5, 2010

to me, from Jesus

For the second week in a row, I’ve got the weekend off.  YES!  In the world of college football, that just doesn’t happen, so this is a good thing.  It’s like a surprise gift, wrapped up with paper and a pretty bow, to me, from Jesus.

Sometimes when I get a fall weekend off, I like to do nothing, ‘cause goodness knows I’m burning up the roads every other weekend. 
But sometimes, I take my friends up on an offer to travel for fun.  Today we’re heading south to the beach.  In November!  I love that.
It’ll be a little bit chilly, so no sun-soaking or crazy tan lines.   No swimsuits (another gift!), humidity, or SPF.  No sandy beach towels or salty skin from the ocean.
Instead, maybe I’ll sleep a little late.  Indulge in an easy read on the porch.  Wrap up in a cozy sweater and a scarf under the stars.  Listen to the ocean.  Eat some fresh seafood.  Laugh with the girls.
Packing and road trip happening in T-2 hours.  Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment