Thursday, November 25, 2010

thankful thursday #2

Happy Thanksgiving!  What a full day of family, friends, and food.  I hope your day was filled with things you love, too.

What am I especially appreciating today?  I'm thankful my day's been so full I'm barely getting this posted before Black Friday!  But two things stand out:

I had one of those side-splitting laughs, with no sound coming out -- the kind referenced in a comment from my first Thankful Thursday -- first thing this morning!  It's not uncommon for these moments to come around my family members, and I love that about us, and about my brothers in particular. 

You know the greatest thing about those?  They're so unexpected!  They sneak up on me, and I have a hard time shaking those giggles!  The story would not be funny to you, so I'll skip the details, but I'm so happy that one of those snuck up on me for Thanksgiving.

Thankful moment number two today came just after lunch, while we sat around letting the turkey and dressing goodness settle in our bellies, and sharing some more laughs.  I'm so glad that my aunt grabbed that pitcher of water and put out the fire in our Thanksgiving centerpiece!  Turns out those votive candles tucked in those pretty flowers were spicy little guys, and we had a special light show, right there at the table.

No major drama, but just enough to make me thankful.

What about you today, on this Thanksgiving edition of Thankful Thursdays?  Go on, be grateful!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you had an ugly-girl laugh! That's awesome. Yesterday and everyday thereafter, I am thankful for a God that loves me so lavishly that my cup runs over.

    ReplyDelete