Thursday, April 9, 2015

thankful thursday #217

One of my least favorite questions to field from others (no matter how sincere) is this:

What's new in your world?

(And to be honest, I ask it of others regularly. Whatever.)

Because a snarky response like this generally rolls through my mind:

I'm still working at the same job, continuing to pay my bills, goin' to church, occasionally traveling, volunteering here and there, blahhhh.

Not much new most of the time, at least on the surface.

There are certainly seasons where subtle shifts take place, like last fall, and there are times when bigger changes happen that are private, and in other stretches my heart is in transition.

In other words, not the makings of a conventional, comfortable answer to a conventional, comfortable What's new?

While some subtle shifting began many months ago in my world, some tangible manifestations are coming forth, including some new friendships that take time and energy to nurture.

Last night, after a nice long run with one of these friends, we went in our sweaty workout clothes to enjoy Mexican food on a restaurant patio with live music. Because why not?

It was nice. Easy conversation, openness and transparency. New. Refreshing.

A nod to Spring that made me grateful.

What things are coming up new in your world? Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment