Wednesday, April 29, 2015

right about now (the one where the rain has temporarily stopped)

Other than the torrential rains we've had around here, here are some random bits of life happening in my world, right about now:

snacking: often on Greek yogurt, with a small handful each of chopped walnuts, coconut flakes, and chocolate chips for mix-ins. It's my latest go-to sweet snack. (Because for all of its awesome, quinoa can't satisfy every craving.)

loving:
Stack candles. As with most fragrances, my favorite is rarely another's, but I haven't sniffed one I didn't like. I think they're perfect hostess or housewarming happies, but they're also a nice treat to keep your own home smelling dreamy. But regardless of your purpose, it's a sweet story to share in a smell-good package. They are available in several shops around Birmingham, but you can order online, too.

reading: this book, that was just awarded the 2015 Pulitzer Prize for fiction.


excited about: a Mother's Day outing next weekend. My cousin and I are taking our moms out for a girls' day of brunching and antiquing here:

 

I think I'll be overwhelmed by the magnitude of it all (just a peek on here gives me anxiety), but it'll be worth it. Time spent with the moms is one of the best gifts.

missing: this guy's baby smell.


trying to: be diligent about running in the mornings while the humidity is low and the temperatures are pleasant. Because well, it's fleeting.

enjoying: the fact that I purchased a couple of Christmas gifts recently. In April. I've told myself forever that I'd like to buy gifts throughout the year to ration out the spending. Maybe this is my year.

using: these gardening clogs when I go outside to feed the koi every morning. Just wearing these is the closest I'll ever come to gardening, I think. And they're pretty geeky. A lot to be proud about here.

wearing: a lot of Gap clothes this spring. That store is so hit-or-miss for me, but the sales have been clutch, and the styles have been fun.

waiting on: a recommendation for a series to binge-watch on Netflix. Bloodline was my latest win. What was yours?

planning: how to best slice up and frame some selected t-shirts from this purge project:


There are a few in a separate, much smaller pile that I'd like to save for the memories. And I'm not tackling a t-shirt quilt, for sure.

singing: a boatload of wrong notes in preparation for a concert next week. Dress rehearsal last night was ugly. Pray me through it, guys. Pray me through it.

needing: to finish the photo book from Italy 2014. Now I know why wedding photo albums take a year to complete. Mercy.

listening: to Sandra McCracken's new album, Psalms.


I'm telling you, people: Get this album, and listen to it over and over again. The psalms are life-giving.

learning: that I should listen to songs of scripture like those psalms more often. Those truths permeate my heart so much deeper when I do.

wishing for: good things as this one transitions into big-brotherhood.


If we're lucky, we grow up with siblings who become friends, but when you're three, you don't know that potential. So far, so good.

When it's not raining where you are, what're you up to, right about now?

No comments:

Post a Comment