Thursday, September 18, 2014

thankful thursday #198

Rhythm is about patterns. Regular recurrences.

On a good day, it is stable and predictable, bolstering me in a world that sometimes feels imbalanced and uncontrollable.

On a bad day, it is boring and routine, stifling any hint of spontaneity I may harbor.

A few months ago, I mentioned I'd been praying for a shift, because my rhythm was more suffocating and oppressive, and less comforting and familiar.

Over time I've noticed some subtle shifts in my rhythm, personally, professionally, spiritually. They are quiet and nonintrusive, like a favorite houseguest. I barely know they're here, but I like 'em being here.

I'm feeling thankful for some slight change this week.

Do you have some subtle changes happening now, or hoping for some on the horizon? Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment