Thursday, October 30, 2014

thankful thursday #204

I'm working in Starkville this weekend. Do you know this Mississippi State football team is ranked #1 in the country right now? Mercy, I did not think I'd live to see the day.

In my six years of living and working there, I don't think they ever won more than 3 games in a single season. Those were dry bones seasons if I ever knew them.

I've shared it before, but some of the people in that town are some of the dearest I've ever known. I'm thankful to go back there and hug them again, and to remember the Lord's faithfulness to me there, through the people he placed so carefully in my path.

In particular, there is one soul I thought of recently, in a passing moment of gratitude. I wanted to call him to tell him how much he meant to me.

I made a note on my weekly to-do list, and I neglected to call him. And felt guilty about it, per usual.

Instead, I'm thankful for the chance this weekend to tell him in person. Sometimes a message delivered face-to-face can be the sweetest ones.

Tell someone this weekend how they've impacted you for good. Go on, be grateful!


No comments:

Post a Comment