Thursday, October 2, 2014

thankful thursday #200

Guys. Two hundred posts of Thankful Thursdays.

I imagine all that gratitude bottled up, and it feels like it should be a lot. Enough to make a difference over time. Enough to make gratitude flow more easily.

But there are still days when it's hard to feel thankful. Not because it's been such a hard week (sometimes it has been, but "hard" is so relative anyway), or because I live such a disenchanted life (I don't), but just because my flesh may never default to the spirit of gratitude. It may just always be work. I don't know.

In any case, I travel tomorrow to see Little Man, and that is always a reason to be thankful. Thankful for work travel that occasionally morphs into family time. For real face time with my flesh and blood who don't live close. And if I'm lucky enough for him to sit still for a hot second, for the opportunity to snap some pics.

If you're struggling to feel thankful, think of the bottled reserve. Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment