Tuesday, October 28, 2014

thankful thursday #203, on a tuesday

(Because I'm just behind. For no good reason, behind.)

About nine months ago, I began a transition into a new church.

These nine months have been riddled with heartbreak, loss, dread, awkward new-person moments, stepping out, goodbyes and hellos, grieving, and on and on.

The process is not near complete, but on the bright side, it's nine months further along than it was nine months ago. There is solace in that.

Maybe my favorite hymn is "Come Thou Fount, of Every Blessing," and its second verse starts out like this:

Here I raise my Ebenezer; hither by thy help I'm come ...

It references the story from 1 Samuel 7, when following a victory over the Philistines, Samuel placed a stone at the physical place of remembrance and called it Ebenezer, which means stone of help in Hebrew.

In all seriousness, and in the spirit of gratitude, it has been a cherished time to reflect on my own faith journey, and on the stones placed along the path that remind me of the Lord's help and provision.

In the midst of the hard, I'm feeling thankful for my own Ebenezers this week. How about you? Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment