Thursday, November 7, 2013

thankful thursday #155

About six months ago, within a period of two weeks, two of my work siblings announced they were leaving. Their offices flanked mine, so they were closest in proximity, but they were also my closest friends at work. I was sad to see them go.

These days, I'm not quite so sad, because it's fun to see them living new adventures, and taking risks, and growing in new ways. But I sure do miss them.

Tonight I got to visit with one of them and his family (including their newest baby), and it was so great to catch up. I feel happy and full.

Some friendships are seasonal, and certainly some work relationships are, and while sometimes those seasons change, they don't altogether end. They look different. And maybe they don't ever feel the same, but they can still be fulfilling.

I'm feeling thankful tonight for this friendship, whose season changed, but didn't end.

When you think on your friendships, take a second to appreciate the ones that have weathered the changing seasons. Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment