Thursday, October 3, 2013

thankful thursday #150

"Housekeeping ain't no joke."
-- Louisa May Alcott

Confession: I'm a terrible housekeeper.

Here are my strengths:

I keep clothes off the floor and in the proper drawer or hanger for the most part, and most "things" are kept in their designated place.

No dishes stack up in my kitchen sink; I'm persnickety about that. And my dishwasher is almost always clean and unloaded.

Beyond that, I don't have much to brag about.

The hard core chores, like mopping, dusting, scrubbing toilets and tubs, washing tiles and wiping baseboards? Blah.

During my fall travel season, I occasionally receive mileage income, if I drive my own car for day trips. I earmark appropriate amounts for fuel and maintenance, and sometimes with leftover funds, I splurge on a cleaning service.

Oh, man. There's just not much better than coming home to a sparkling house.

That's happening tomorrow, people. And I'm dang thankful.

Splurged on anything lately as a special treat? If you have, go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment