Monday, July 15, 2013

their world

When your friends and family live close by, and you can see them frequently, you share worlds. Your days intersect often, conversations are less about catching up after days or weeks or months, and more about the daily grind, and there's a visual of the life they're living, because it's yours too.

On the other hand, when your friends and family aren't so close, I sort of feel like it's important to be intentional about seeing their world. So even when you don't share their world, you can at least visit it, and get that visual.

It makes their world seem closer, if I've seen it.

Little Man and his family moved about a month ago to their new home, in a new city, in a new state, and it was time to see their new world.

We ran some errands.


(Any city with a Target is complete, I'd say.)

We enjoyed the view.


(I seriously could have sat there for hours.)

We swung on the dock.


(Dad says his grin is "devilish" in this shot, but I just call it cute.)

We enjoyed a low country boil.


(This is serious business in my family.)

And it was an overall fabulous time to see their new world. It's a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment