Thursday, July 11, 2013

thankful thursday #138

Sometimes it's the easiest thing in the world to be thankful.

Today's one of those days, because I got to catch up with the lovely Lori, who left Birmingham a bit ago for a new adventure. I miss her, but couldn't be happier with her new story!

When she moved away a few months ago, I knew the first time we reunited would not come soon enough. And it wasn't really soon enough, but it came.

We met up in Durham, North Carolina -- I was traveling for work, and she drove the hour to see me there -- and we had the most delicious meal at Piedmont.

I can think of few things more satisfying to my soul than a brief menu of fresh, culinary goodness, and a long conversation over which to enjoy it. I left feeling full in more ways than one, and for that, I'm grateful.


Are you finding it just as easy to be thankful today? Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment