Thursday, July 4, 2013

thankful thursday #137

Has it rained every single day for the past week where you live?

I should be building an ark.

Instead, I was running this morning in the Peachtree Road Race ...


... and frankly, I had spent a lot of time preparing myself mentally to run in the pouring rain.

(And I do enjoy some puddle jumping.)

Would you believe it rained all the way to the MARTA station, but didn't rain one drop the entire time I ran? I was grateful.

I wasn't so grateful for this muddy mess, however:


Those aren't the feet of anyone I know, but you get the idea. I was a little bitter about my kinda-new running shoes taking such abuse, but alas, it is Thankful Thursday.

Did you stay dry on your Fourth of July holiday? Dry or not, go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment