Tuesday, July 2, 2013

let's chat (to start july)

Let's chat, shall we?

 ...................................

I returned from my week-long vacation to two glorious days of work. And they are glorious, because they are the only two days I will work this week. My heavens, I love my job right now.

...................................

My baby bro is visiting me this week, and he's being roped into all kinds of cooking experiments. He is a good sport.

...................................

On Thursday, I'm running the Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta. The weather forecast tells me there is "100% chance of rain," and that "July 4th outdoor activities may be impacted" by "flash floods and up to 5 inches of rain." Should be good times.
 
...................................
 
A friend of mine and his wife adopted a 5-day-old baby two weeks ago. It's the sweetest story. I can't stop thinking about it.
 
...................................
 
I have received a slew of thank-you notes this past week from people -- colleagues, specifically -- not because of anything I've done, but because they're just impossibly kind to me. I don't deserve them.
 
...................................
 
Downton Abbey has positively owned me (and my free time) for the past month. I am late to the party, per usual, but I can't for the life of me find one thing wrong with viewing twenty episodes in four weeks. Five more episodes await me, and I can hardly wait.
 
 
Here's hoping you get to chat with your closest friends and family over the Fourth of July!


No comments:

Post a Comment