Thursday, February 28, 2013

thankful thursday #119

Last night our church welcomed missionaries from all over the globe for our annual missions celebration.

I weep every year at this service, for the sacrifice these people are making in the name of Jesus, for the respite I wish for them as they spend some time stateside, and frankly, for the dark spaces in my heart that aren't fully burdened for the lost.

From my spot on the choir platform, I am overwhelmed to watch these sweet people worship our God freely, which many of them are not at liberty to do in their mission field. I am ashamed at how I take that freedom for granted.

One man in particular shared with us, When I worship here, I cry, because we cannot sing praises like this in our country. Be grateful for the opportunity, and the freedom you have, to do this without fear.

Thanking God this week for this most basic freedom.

What about you? What're you appreciating today? Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment