Thursday, June 7, 2012

thankful thursday #81

My friend Deana has a little adaptation of Thankful Thursdays.  I'm happy she caught the gratitude bug, because sometimes when I'm struggling to feel thankful, her weekly updates inspire me.

Today's one of those days.  I have a couple of things up my sleeve to look forward to, but frankly the present time isn't doin' it for me.

Deana is an adventurous soul.  She loves to try new things, see new places, meet new people.  The more she experiences, the better, as far as she's concerned.

This week she's tried Hot Yoga.  The only thing worse than yoga that I can imagine is yoga performed in 100-degree temperatures (not exaggerating, folks).  But bless her, Deana tried it, just because it's something new and different.

Sometimes I find myself in a rut, stuck in routine.  I'm so thankful to have friends like Deana who keep me on my toes and challenge me to step out and do something fresh!

I'm not doing Hot Yoga, though.

What's the last thing you did that yanked you right out of your comfort zone?  I hope you appreciate those chances.  Go on, be grateful!

1 comment: